Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Python Web Client 0.2 Release


I'm pleased to announce the 0.2 release of the Python Web Client. It now meets a bare minimum of functionality to be useful. Specifically, it provides a web UI to allow you to put together and submit HTTP requests, specifying request type, URL, parameters and headers.

You can view a demo here.

Oh, and it's hosted on Github here.

What's new in 0.2?

- Added display of response body
- Added option to select request method
- Added field to add parameters
- Added field to add headers

What does the future hold?

Well, there are a lot of potential ideas for where this could go, both in the original SoCal piggies proposal, and on the Rally site where I've been tracking this (log in with alecmunro+public@gmail.com:Experiments). However, I expect to resume my place among the employed soon, and thus far I haven't had any feedback on this. So barring extreme boredom on my part, this is probably the end of the line until someone forks it.

No comments:

Post a Comment