Thursday, October 27, 2011

An end to the experiments (for now)

Well, it's been 3 months, and I've gotten a decent number of things written. It took much longer than I was expecting, but I learned a lot of things, and made some good contacts. But most excitingly, I got a job! Last week I accepted a position working for Arc90, most prominently of Readability fame, but they've got plenty of other things going on.
I first heard about them when Kenneth Reitz started working there, and blogged about it. As it turns out, they were looking for someone with test automation experience just about the time I started getting serious about sending my resume around.
I'll be working with the Insight project team, building test automation and reporting tools to ensure confidence in the quality of every release. It's a very different scale from my work at RIM, and I think a very good opportunity for me to succeed or fail entirely on my own merits (I'm going to succeed, btw).
Which brings us to this blog. For the next few months, I don't expect to have much time to commit to writing here. Kenneth has certainly done an admirable job of keeping up blogging (and working on Requests!), so perhaps I will be able to as well. I've done a bit of research on some of the other topics I wanted to write about, and there's a post I think I owe someone for the help they have given me, but Arc90 is going to be my focus.
So this is an end, to this blog as it was. But one of the reasons I chose Arc90 as an employer is their support for blogging and open source work, so I do expect to be back writing before too long. Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on any of this!

2 comments: